With its natural sweetness, sugar has always been a vital source of energy to contribute largely to human health and prosperity.
Among various new sweet flavors that are introduced, the very natural sweetness of sugar gives comfort in our lives.
In Japan, there are numerous varieties of sugar not found in the world - ranging from white sugar, yellow coarse sugar to brown sugar. Each of these is a vital food resource in the Japanese cuisine throughout its four seasons, evidencing a long standing contribution in the history of Japanese food culture.
Food culture continues to evolve in our daily lives. As the new forms of food are born, we seek for new roles of sugar. Since its inception, the Company has continued to strive for new product developments and improvement of quality founded upon our nurtured technology.
We aim to become a sugar company that the customers would always refer to for "all about sugar".
What we value is our appreciation and pride for being able to contribute to the food culture through Sugar.
Selfless Enterprise Management
- Good Faith: Doing the right thing takes precedence over profit
- Courage: To reflect and correct any wrongdoings
- Ardor: To put oneself in the other party's position
- Inquisitiveness: To conceive the future by integrating the past and the present
- Untiring enthusiasm: Because success comes through humble devotion
- Open-mindedness: To learn from customers, society and the company
- Gratitude: For the opportunity to do rewarding work
Commitment to Quality and Safety
In order to accurately promote our engagement in food safety, we obtained the accreditation of ISO22000 in July 2008. Based on the quality philosophy given below, each and every employee aspires to be a company that caters full satisfaction in our products,
Commitment to Quality and Safety
It is our mission to contribute to the food industry and culture through ensuring a stable, safe and secure supply of sugar products.
- As executive leaders, each and everyone one of us shall work with passion to ensure that every process, from raw materials purchasing and manufacturing to distribution of finished products, guarantees the best quality product and service in the industry.
- We shall consider safety before profitability to create prod-
ucts that we would feel at ease providing to our own families.
- We shall clearly understand all laws and regulations that concern our industry and abide by them.
- We shall listen carefully to our customers and shall reflect well on society as a company and as people in everything we do.
- We shall continuously assess the effectiveness of our management systems and improve them as necessary.
Care for environment
We produce sugar with full natural benefits of sugar cane. To carry on this abundant nature to the next generation, we strive for care in environmental protection by production means with as less burden as possible to the environment.
Energy conservation, promotion of less CO2
Our gas engine cogeneration system contributes to energy saving and Co2 reduction.
Our cogeneration system collects the heat waste from electric generation and reuses it in the form of steam and warm water, thus allowing us to acquire both heat and electricity, with approximately 80% saving in the overall energy efficiency.
Care for Water Environment protection
The use of microorganisms in our waste water treatment facility helps us to preserve water environment.
Large volume of water is used in sugar production. While we engage in the efficient use of our limited resource, a portion of it is returned to the sea and river.
In compliance with the environmental water standards, our waste water facility deploys bacteria to clean the water. The methane gas from the waste processing facility is reused as energy in our facility.
Social and community contribution
Our ability to continue our business rests on the support and understanding of the people in the community. As a resident of Chiba city, we are striving to contribute in enhancing the economy and welfare of the local community.
- Participation in community events
We are participating in the big festival of Inage Asama Shrine held on 14/15th of July each year by putting up Special Caramel Popcorn booth.
- "Sugar Seminar" at the community's confectionery school
Every year in May, we conduct "Sugar Seminar" to the freshmen students of Happy Confectionary & Cookery Professional Training College.
- Panelist at various seminars in Chiba City
We also participate as a panelist in corporate enticement seminars sanctioned by Chiba City and contribute in the promotion of the City's advantageous potentials in transport and logistics, costs, as well as the benefits of proximity to both work and recreational environment.
- Participation in the cleaning of the external walls
As a member of the Chiba food complex, we engage in the beautification of our Food Industrial Park and participate in the cleaning activities of roads and areas within the Park.